For many lawn owners in the United States, Kentucky bluegrass is synonymous with the ideal lawn. When given its preferred growing conditions and proper care, this grass produces a dense, lush, durable lawn that lives up to its reputation. However, Kentucky bluegrass doesn’t do it on its own. This grass requires a relatively high level of maintenance to look its best, but results can be worth it. Depending on your grass growing region and your lawn care goals, Kentucky bluegrass may be a perfect choice for you.
dressBLUES Kentucky Bluegrass at a Glance
- Cool-season lawn grass
- Suitable for northern lawns from coast to coast.
- Excellent winter hardiness
- Some varieties susceptible to heat and drought.
- Limited shade tolerance
- Some varieties vulnerable to stress damage.
Designed to be a versatile, sturdy turf suited for highly manicured lawns.
Our Bluegrass Guarantee
- All varieties will be top 10% National Turfgrass Evaluation Program (NETP)
- Will be Blue Tag Certified
Application Rate and Cutting Height
- Seeding Rate: 3.0 to 5.0 lbs./ 1,000 sq. ft.
- Maintenance: 2.0 to 3.0 inch cutting heights. Bluegrass can be mowed lower with higher maintenance.