Truly a game changer for homeowners in search of a premium lawn seed product that germinates quickly, requires less water and produces more sustainable turf. groSMART Premium Treated Turf Type Tall Fescue Grass Seed is a perfect tall fescue for high-quality, low maintenance yards across the mid-Atlantic Region and the Transition Zone.
- Ideally suited for home lawns but requires a minimum of 5-6 hours of sunlight per day.
- Offers excellent drought tolerance, and good insect and disease resistance.
- Treated with a patented collection of proprietary growth enhancers insuring quick germination, superior color and overall improvement in the sustainability of the plant.
- Enables the plant to develop amazing root depth and density resulting in increased drought tolerance. Superior root development will insure your having a healthier lawn.
- Fewer nutrients needed at planting = LOWER COST / BETTER VALUE – Nutrients and organic growth enhancements on the seed insure a reduction in the amount of nutrients required at planting.
- Treated vs. Coated Seed: If the seed is treated you are actually getting the amount of seed specified on the bag. If coated, the amount of seed in the bag is reduced by up to 20%. Buy a greater VALUE.
At last, a premium grass seed that actually performs as advertised. Our seed is Blue Tag Certified so you can rest assured that what’s claimed on the outside is actually on the inside of the bag.
This premium seed has all the attributes necessary to ensure you’ll quickly see a beautiful lawn; one with a highly developed root system resulting in the value you seek when investing in your outdoor creation.
- Get What You Pay For: We’ve treated the seed, not coated, so you actually get the amount of seed specified on the bag.
- Save Money – Reduce Fertilization: Each seed has an ideal combination of Nitrogen (N), Potassium (P) and Potash (K) required to give the plant the nutrients necessary to insure a great start. As a result, you don’t need as much fertilizer to ensure germination and early growth.
- Improved Sustainability: Our pre-treated seed dramatically increases the water holding capacity of the seed and soil, which means less watering needed for germination and sustainability over the longer term.
groSMART Premium Grass is engineered to significantly improve that you’ll have a beautiful lawn. However, you have a vital role in the health of your newly planted lawn. We suggest you take these few steps to ensure the seed thrives.
- Properly prepare the area and know first-hand the soil’s condition. Do a soil test to be sure of the pH level (6.2-6.8 is ideal) and nutrient content. Apply a calcitic lime and/or time release starter fertilizer as indicated by your soil analysis results.
- Keep the sown area moist for three weeks after germination and thereafter provide at least 1” of water per week.